At Metcol, we use the latest metal roofing technology and products to enhance the practicality and sustainability of buildings without compromising on aesthetics.
Our aspiration to create new metal roof and steel structure facades for our customers are based on the following principles:
Offer Products That Inspire
- We offer a wide range of products that support the architecture designs of buildings.
- We are environmentally friendly. Many of our materials are reusable and recyclable, supporting green buildings and sustainable designs.
Desire To Transform Singapore’s Roofing Landscape
- Our latest trends in roofing materials will enhance the overall appearance of your building without burning a hole in your pocket.
BENEFITS OF USING METAL ROOFS
Beautiful styles to match any home design
- Metal roofs are versatile in design and they complement many architectural styles
- They offer more aesthetic options than any other roofing materials in the market and are available in many colours
- Metal roofs reflect heat and have better insulating capabilities, keeping your home cooler. This helps reduce your energy cost significantly.
Last a lifetime
- Most metal roofs cost less than other materials in the long term due to their durability.
- Metal roofs save you time and money. When constructed properly using the right material, they are self-cleaning as the surface dirt is easily washed away by rainfall.
Fire resistance and low weight
- Metal roofs are 1/20 the weight of most tile products.
- The heavy tile products carry a large cave-in risk in the event of an interior fire. Firefighters are trained not to go into a tile-roofed building that is on fire because of the risk of cave-in due to the heavy roof.
- Metal roofs generally comprise of 30% to 60% recycled metal* and they are 100% recyclable
WHAT IS AN ACOUSTIC ROOF SYSTEM?
An acoustic roof system is the layering of various materials during construction of a roof to:
- Keep excessive external noise out
- Contain internal noise
- Insulate your home
Many people are concerned about the impact of rain noise on a metal roof. However, with an acoustic roof system, rain noise is minimized significantly.
Other than keeping external noise out, an acoustic roof system also helps to contain internal noise. For example, loud stereo music will be partially absorbed by your roof, thereby reducing noise disturbance to your neighbour.
Lastly, with multilayers of materials installed, the acoustic roof system helps keep your house much cooler, resulting in using less power from the air conditioner. Ultimately, your utility bill is reduced with an acoustic roof system.
An example of a simple acoustic roofing system. Additional materials, including choice of materials can enhance the performance of the system.